For Global Entry
The Office Education Abroad is proud to be hosting Global Entry interviews on campus Tue./Wed./Thurs. April 11/12/13, 2017.
Global Entry is the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the U.S. through automatic kiosks at major airports in the U.S. and abroad, bypassing the traditional customs lines. Global Entry includes PreCheck, which means you can also speed through the security fast lane and don’t need to remove your shoes, laptops, liquids, belts and light jackets for all of your international and domestic flights originating at over 180 airports in the United States.
How to Apply for Global Entry
It’s easy. Just follow these steps:
- If you don't have a valid passport, apply for one at UAB Passport Services.
- Create a Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) account. Regardless of your age, you must have your own GOES account.
- Log in to your GOES account and complete the application.* A $100 non-refundable fee is required with each completed application.
- Wait for CBP to review your application. Their review can take up to approximately 6 weeks.
- Once you've received an email notification from CBP that your application review is complete, login to your GOES account and schedule your interview. You must schedule an appointment within 30-days of receiving your conditional approval, but the actual interview date may be outside that window.
- You will be given the option to select UAB as an interview site. See below for the specific interview location on campus.
- Interviews must be booked at the GOES website and are accepted on a first come, first booked basis.
- If all interview times at UAB are booked, you should book your interview at another Global Entry interview site listed in your GOES account.
- To your interview, bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.
How to Get More Information
Interviews will be at the Smolian International House.
The Smolian International House is conveniently accessible via several different routes on the Blazer Express bus system. In addition, a Zyp BikeShare station is located on 10th Avenue S across the street from the Campus Green. If you choose to drive to campus, contact UAB Parking & Transportation for parking garage locations and rates.
*When you're filling out your application, you may notice that UAB is not listed as an interview site. This is because only select interview sites are listed in the pre-approval phase. Once you've been conditionally approved, you will be able to select UAB as your interview site.
Image courtesy U.S. Customs and Border Protection