New 3rd-Party Programs
How to Ensure Quality Programming
UAB faculty members: Do you know of a third party study abroad program provider that may be of interest to your students?
Let us know! The Office of Education Abroad would be happy to vet that program for you. To ensure the program is the right fit for our students, questions we’ll ask include:
- Does the third party provider send an official transcript directly to the Office of Education Abroad that
- arrives at the Office of Education Abroad within 4 months of the program's end;
- is written in English or a language in which UAB offers a degree program;
- lists a specific grade for each course;
- lists credits for each course using the U.S. semester hour system, ECTS, or number of contact hours; AND
- is issued by a university accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, Northwest Accreditation Commission, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Western Association of Schools and Colleges; or in the case of non-U.S. institutions only, the national ministry/department of education of that country?
- Are the program dates
- posted online, including dates of arrival, orientation, classes, and final exams AND
- roughly matching UAB’s fall, spring, or summer terms (i.e. fall semester finals are complete before the end of the calendar year)?
- Does the program provide comprehensive assistance for UAB students for applying, obtaining their visa, securing housing, selecting courses, registering, and orientation?
- Does the program post course information online that
- includes a subject, course level, title, number of semester hours, and detailed description for each course;
- is easy for UAB students to find and view at least 60 days before the start of the term;
- is written in English or a language in which UAB offers a major degree program;
- is up-to-date; AND
- is accompanied by syllabi, in English and containing all components required by the UAB faculty handbook, upon request by the UAB student.
- Does the program offer courses that count toward UAB degree requirements?
Please email the Director of the Office of Education Abroad and set up an appointment to discuss. We're always delighted to partner with faculty members to send our students on high-quality education abroad programs!